News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Evens waterless coolant

Started by yachtflame, July 07, 2013, 11:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yachtflame

Has any one tried Evens waterless coolant in an unpressurized system? It comes highly recommended for regular systems but I'm wondering how it will work in my '30 Lasalle. It's a bit expensive but it never needs changing and it being waterless, won't cause any rusting in the block which will save the radiator from clogging.
Wayne Elsworth
CLC #17075

Glen

The first thing I would want to know is what is in it?  I did a Google search for Evans Waterless coolant MSDS and got a lot of websites, but I did not turn up the actual MSDS. 

Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

harry s

I used Evans in my '37 V 8 for a period of about 15 years and 13K miles. I removed the radiator cap stopper making the system  0 pressure. The common problem of flathead "upchucking" when turned off was eliminated. The engine was recently rebuilt and there was no evidence of corrosion or rusting when disassembled and cleaned. The engine is back together and running with Evens. I found the MSDS info: http://www.hrpworld.com/client_images/ecommerce/client_39/products/pdf_3415_3.pdf
Harry
Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum

R Schroeder

Made up of
ETHYLENE GLYCOL
PROPYLENE GLYCOL

Roy