News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1937 exhaust system

Started by Paul Tesone, July 11, 2013, 03:01:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Tesone

Four questions with regard to my SINGLE EXHAUST 6049 series : ..(1) Is any part of the system supposed to be wrapped in asbestos-looking material , ..(2) does the system have one muffler , two mufflers or one muffler and one resinator , ..(3) how many individual pieces ( pipes, muffler, resinator ) are included in the system , ..(4) advice as to where to purchase a system . ...Thanks very much . Paul Tesone CLC #6876

harry s

Paul, According to the shop manual and parts book the 60 series cars have one muffler and a wrap around the engine pipe from the manifold connection extending down to about the bend. The wrap material can be gotten from McVey or others I am sure. I have had the best luck with Waldron's Exhaust ( http://waldronexhaust.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=61_32_127&products_id=106 )
They show 3 pieces.    Harry
Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum

Paul Tesone

Thanks Harry - I'll give them a call . Paul Tesone CLC # 6876