News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Seattle WA Restoration Resources

Started by sfox77, July 11, 2013, 01:26:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfox77

I need some help in Seattle. I recently moved from the Minneapolis area to Seattle WA. I am deep into my restoration of a 1947 Cadillac Convertible. In Minnesota I had a good handle on the local resources, but I'm lost in Seattle. Does anyone have some recommendations on some trusted vintage Cadillac restoration resources in the Seattle metro area? I'm looking for a great paint shop, a good chrome shop, Instrument restoration and a reputable flathead V-8 engine re-builder. Is there anyone out here I can trust?

Thanks!

Steve

Brad Ipsen CLC #737

You will want to try to make the CLC picnic is Ruston (Tacoma) on Aug 10.  Lots of Cadillac talk there and you should be able to get some leads on resources in the Seattle area.
Brad Ipsen
1940 Cadillac 60S
1938 Cadillac 9039
1940 Cadillac 6267
1940 LaSalle 5227
1949 Cadillac 6237X
1940 Cadillac 60S Limo

Scott Anderson CLC#26068

Hello Steve - I'm in the Seattle area also (just north in the Alderwood/Mill Creek area) and being new to classics (my 41 convertible coupe is my first classic) I asked the same question three years ago to about anyone that would listen. Feel free to email me at sanderson1962email addresses not permitted and while I don't claim any expertise I sort of had to go down the same road myself and I can pass on some sources I've found over the last couple of years.

Brad's suggestion about the CLC picnic in Ruston (right near Point Defiance area in Tacoma) is an excellent one. He is a good friend and has been *very* generous with his time to help to me with my 41 convertible coupe. Looking him up when you're there will be worth the trip alone.

Also, look up Jerry Leighton, (Membership Director of the local Cadillac LaSalle club) at yacht_1@hotmail.com and Bob LeCoque, the president of the local CLC. Bob is a second generation Cadillac guy who used to restore them professionally and he has an all original car of your vintage. His parents started the local chapter. You'll also find him to be as encyclopedic and generous as Brad.

Lastly the local CCCA chapter will certainly have several folks that have or have had these cars and others for which the resources would the be same. Val Dickison (valeried@dickison.com) is the membership Director and I can also highly recommend contacting her about the club and other folks in it who could be of help to you. As an example, when I first got my car she, her husband Stan (they had a 41 convertible sedan at one time) and another person who also had had  a 41 Cadillac invited my wife and I to dinner one evening to talk about this very subject. I bet you'd have the same luck being quickly in touch with folks with 47s.

Hope this helps.
Scott
1941 Cadillac 6267X Convertible Coupe
2014 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe