News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Crashed Cadillacs

Started by Ken Perry, July 13, 2013, 06:25:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade

... and the '59s

Walter Youshock

Dave, the caption on the 80's photo says "11 year-old boy" was driving the car.  If he was running from the police, I wonder where he is today...
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Blade

And a video of a 1962 crashed against a 2002 DeVille ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0HFe0uIzYA

Davidinhartford

Quote from: Walter Youshock on July 16, 2013, 12:35:25 PM
Dave, the caption on the 80's photo says "11 year-old boy" was driving the car.  If he was running from the police, I wonder where he is today...

Exactly!    That is why I posted his Police record and mug shot in a link under that photo.   He continued his life of crime.

Matt CLC#18621

67 Eldorado drum brakes all around is SCARY....it's too damn heavy.

Regards,
Matt
CLC# 18621

Blade

Adding a '63 four window

Blade

Hope this is not someone from us ...

59-in-pieces

Blade,
If I'm not mistaken or one very much like this happened in So. Cal. - Glendale area - she said accelerator stuck.
Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

Caddyjack

This was 1976 Eldorado, courtesy of a dump truck that ran a light back in October 2012....
Jack Larson
Philadelphia, PA

Blade

Quote from: 59-in-pieces on August 01, 2013, 01:06:49 PM
Blade,
If I'm not mistaken or one very much like this happened in So. Cal. - Glendale area - she said accelerator stuck.
Have fun,
Steve B.

Steve: yes, that is what I read that this happened in Glendale but didn't hear the driver said the throttle was stuck. Was it working again after it landed on the roof? Also wondering why not just run into the house instead of risking jumping off a wall? Looks like she was on the driveway already. Could have easily eneded up much worse.

59-in-pieces

Blade,
The driveway was directly into the house above the one she landed on.
It was the old 90 degree "throttle stuck" gambit.
Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

John Barry [CLC17027]

That VW invading the showroom brought to mind that late '50s novelty song "Little Nash Rambler" (you know, "...his horn went beep-beep-beep...").   ;D

By the way, I'm going to (ahem) "borrow" (nudge, wink) a couple of these for the Valley Forge Region newsletter.

John Barry (CLC 17027)
Now-retired editor/Publisher of the Valley Forge Region newsletter, The Goddess
1940 La Salle series 50 four door sedan

Glen

Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

John Barry [CLC17027]

Well, that figures.  I sort of remembered the name of the group that did it, but not the actual title (I always thought it was "Little Nash Rambler"--and I'm old enough to remember when the top 40 station in Baltimore played it as new music).  Thanks.
John Barry (CLC 17027)
Now-retired editor/Publisher of the Valley Forge Region newsletter, The Goddess
1940 La Salle series 50 four door sedan