News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Crashed Cadillacs

Started by Ken Perry, July 13, 2013, 06:25:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Perry

Here is some pictures I thought I would share of some Crashed Cadillacs.Anyone else have any they want to share? Ken Perry
Cadillac Ken

MY 59

WOW, that last one towed outside a body shop is being a little optimistic!!
David Bone :)

1959 Cadillac Sedan Deville
1967 (aussie) ZA ford Fairlane

The Tassie Devil(le)

Or "I told them not to wind up the winch so much!!!!!!"

But, seriously, there wouldn't have been many survivors from those wrecks.

Bruce. >:D

'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Davidinhartford

Davidinhartford

Don't feel bad for 11 year old Kenny Parks.    He survived this wreck and stole another car in 1994 when he was 16 years old.  He was sentenced to 6 months in jail that time.  http://mugshots.com/US-Counties/Florida/Broward-County-FL/Kenneth-E-Park.2143388/details/

66 Eldo

The picture of the 85 (with the HT4100 engine)  hanging over the water makes me wonder: Were they trying to save it or push it in!!  ;D

TJ Hopland

Some of those where the cars are amazingly damaged look like they were on regular city streets where the speed limit was what 35?  Do we not see the garbage truck or school bus that ran them over?
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Barry

%6 Convertible and Chevy Convertible
Barry Norman
1958 Biarritz
1961Biarritz
1976 Bicentennial
1976 Fleetwood Talisman
1961Continental Convertible

Ken Perry

Fascinating to see what happens to these cars in wrecks. Thanks for posting your pics guys! Ken Perry
Cadillac Ken

Quentin Hall

Yeah thanks guys. . . . I think I might get out and walk if you don't mind.
53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz

52Cadillac

Looking at wrecked Caddies hurts. It like getting kicked in the Jewels, just downright painful.
Mike
SemperFiFund.org
(Helping combat injured Marines)

David King (kz78hy)

Here is one that was on FB not that long ago.

David
David King
CLC 22014  (life)
1958 Eldorado Brougham 615
1959 Eldorado Brougham 56- sold
1960 Eldorado Brougham 83- sold
1998 Deville d'Elegance
1955 Eldorado #277
1964 Studebaker Commander
2012 Volt
CLCMRC benefactor 197

Director and Founder, Eldorado Brougham Chapter
Past President, Motor City Region

Rare Parts brand suspension parts Retailer via Keep'em Running Automotive

redsails

Ouch! Not an Eldorado Brougham!

B.Crawford

Barry M Wheeler #2189

When you see these old hulks, you can appreciate the fantastic strides that have been made in vehicular safety since the 1950s. When I was selling cars in the 1990s, we had a couple of ones out back that fully illustrate this. First, we had a 1985 Riviera that smacked into something solid. The RH front corner was compressed into a triangle about two feet on a side, making a really quick, and unbending stop. Ugh!

The second car was a 1993 Seville that T-boned another car at 70 MPH. I had a customer in my office that I had sold such a car to, and I took him out back to show him how safe a car he had. The front end was a real mess, but I took him to the RH front "A" pillar, then silently opened the RH front door. "Snick, thump." Back door, "Snick, thump." Around the trunk, opened the LH rear. "Snick, thump." Ditto with the driver's door. "Snick, thump." All four doors fit the passenger cage perfectly.

The occupants were shaken up, but all survived. But when you look at the pile of wreckage of the 1950s cars, you shudder to think what the bodies inside suffered in comparison. Cars today might all look the same, but they are made to let you survive running into something. After this story, I wonder if the Seville that was mashed on the LH side by the train still had the doors opening on the other side.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Matt CLC#18621

I wonder if it crashed due to weight and drum brakes.

Matt
CLC# 18621

The Tassie Devil(le)

Crashes are caused by someone disobeying the rules of the road.   Period.

If a car runs out of brakes, either from fading or otherwise, it is the drivers' fault for not driving to conditions.   Or knowing how to drive and this includes not understanding basic dynamics.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Walter Youshock

OH!  THE HUMANITY!  This thread gives me the shakes. 
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Art Director

Quote from: David Smith on July 13, 2013, 08:44:47 PM

A few from my files..

This photo was taken at Rickenbaugh Cadillac in Denver in 1968. At least none of the Caddys in the showroom were damaged. The building still stands, although the neon Cadillac sign at the top of the photo has been replaced with one more modern. Current pictures of this dealership appear in the March and May 2013 issues of The Self-Starter. Tim
Tim Coy
CLC Southwestern Regions Vice President
Interim Western Regions Vice President
Art Director, The Self-Starter, International Membership Directory
Life member, Rocky Mountain Region
CLCMRC Benefactor #102

1963 Six-Window Sedan de Ville
1972 Fleetwood Brougham - RIP
1988 Sedan de Ville - RIP
2001 Eldorado ESC - RIP
2003 DeVille DTS - sold

Walter Youshock

Owning a '57 CDV myself, that first photo really makes me wonder how false the sense of security driving a big, heavy, steel beast really is.  That is frightening.  Even the '80's SDV, which is basically the same car as my '91 Brougham is far worse than I'd have imagined.  How fast did an 11-year-old get that 4100 going to blast the car apart like that?
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Davidinhartford

Quote from: Walter Youshock on July 16, 2013, 10:23:46 AM
.  Even the '80's SDV, which is basically the same car as my '91 Brougham is far worse than I'd have imagined.  How fast did an 11-year-old get that 4100 going to blast the car apart like that?

Looks like he hit a tree running from the Police.     The forward roof was cut off by Fire Rescue dept. to extricate the driver.