News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Transmission Shop for 57 in DFW Area?

Started by Ed Eckhart #12747, July 16, 2013, 04:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Eckhart #12747

Has anyone had experience with a good automatic transmission shop in the Dallas Fort Worth area? My 57 is either slipping or not downshifting to low in both the D3 and D4 ranges.

J. Gomez

Ed,

None that I’m aware of, I did inquired with several transmission shops  in the area and the few I checked had indicated they do with a range of $1500 to $3000. However once I’ve asked if they have the tools e.g. J-6282 or J-6121 there was a long dead silence from them. :D

You can check with the local Central or North TX region clubs someone may have a local contact. https://cadillaclasalleclub.org/regions-a-chapters-new/regions-listings#Chapters

Good luck..!
J. Gomez
CLC #23082

TMoore - NTCLC

Most of my cars have the THM400, and they have each been to Oxendine - once - I have never had an issue once they have gone through the transmission.

The last time I was at their shop, the senior Mr. Oxendine was on-site, and I asked him about going through my 1942 transmission, and he said he could do it, but might put the burden of getting parts on me.  That was several years ago, and I have not yet had the 1942 transmission serviced.

You might give them a call to see what they say - I'll bet if they won't work on it, then they can suggest someone.

Oxendine Transmission
2319 N Beckley Ave Dallas, TX 75208‎
(214) 747-5794