News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Just scored on a 365/390 tri intake! Super hyped about it.

Started by speach, July 17, 2013, 07:09:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

speach

Through a really random connection I was able to pick up this intake and I only got it for 150 bucks. Anybody know what resale value would be on this thing. I plan on my next Cadillac being a 60 coupe so it's my stake in the ground for it.

William
Current cars:
1986 Military Chevrolet Diesel G30 Box Van
1968 Conv DeVille
1989 Toyota SpaceCruiser

You cant take your car with you in the end so drive the dang thing.

WilliamTrausch

Blade

If you're this excited about the intake you're going to have a heart attack when you get the car ...    ;D

FYI: that '60 Seville still should be at that junk yard if you're interested in a long but worthy project. But then you wasted your money on the intake.   ;)

Dave Shepherd

The carbs, linkage, fuel lines and such if available are expensive, as is the air cleaner.

speach

Yea ive been doing a little lookin. Correct me if I am wrong, but the 2 barrel rochesters were used on all of the gm tri powers so if so they aren't nearly as expensive buying individually than buying as a Cadillac tri power set. No, no Seville for me, just want a white 60 CoupeDeville. Need to finish my 68 first though. 
Current cars:
1968 Conv DeVille
1989 Toyota SpaceCruiser

WilliamTrausch

60eldo

Jon. Kluczynski

speach

From what I have looked up its a 58. Code 1469689 Not a 60 but hey i'm not complaining, i'm not planning on putting it on a Seville anyway. Its sad that these parts are off cars just floating around, so even if it wouldn't be perfectly accurate it be better on my 60 Cad than on some rat rod. Which I dig rat rods but some stuff just doesn't need to be messed with. I remember about a year ago following a lead on a 60 nice Coupe and was told it had no motor. I asked why and the guy said it had a tri carb set up so he sold it to some hot rodder. I was so close to going off on him. I did tell him he was stupid for doing that though. Also I just learned that the 58 intake was the only year to have eche carb spot the same size so if I wanted to I could use holley carbs.
Current cars:
1968 Conv DeVille
1989 Toyota SpaceCruiser

WilliamTrausch

RyanBurman

Carbs are not expensive if you know what you're doing 8). You need to go find 3 regular Rochester 2G carbs and modify the outboard ones to have no idle or choke circuit. Hot rod did an article recently with this done and it works wonderfully. Linkage can be found or made through the aftermarket or your own resourcefulness. Here is the link
http://www.hotrod.com/pitstop/hrdp_1102_rochester_2gc_carbs_rebuild/viewall.html

speach

Awesome thanks man! It will be a while before I use it, but having it is the hardest part.

William
Current cars:
1968 Conv DeVille
1989 Toyota SpaceCruiser

WilliamTrausch