News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

40 LaSalle Heater Hoses

Started by csearider, July 18, 2013, 12:58:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

csearider

The 40 LaSalle has two heater hoses coming out of firewall..upper and lower. I believe the upper goes directly to radiator on a "L" fitting on top of right side radiator pipe and lower goes to valve on back of right head.
I think there should also be a shutoff valve in between the lower and the head shutoff for draining the heater in summer to reduce temp in cab. Is this correct and how does valve hook up...ie, merely plugs in-line into hose??????

Jeff Kay CLC#7630

I put screwed a manual auto heater valve, which is "L" shaped, into the cylinder head.  It worked well.

Here's a link to the Auto Zone Website for the valve I used.  Just cut and paste it into your web browser to view:

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/Everco-Heater-Control-Valve/_/N-91sh0?itemIdentifier=912027_725915_0_

Jeff Kay
CLC# 7630

csearider

Actually I mis-typed the last.... the bottom hose has a shutoff with the one on the cylinder head. It is the top hose that I think would need one also and this I think would be in-line. One on top and one on bottom would shut off or open all hot water to heater. Is this correct?...if not, Anyone have correct configuration for these hoses and shutoffs??????

csearider

Thanks Jeff, that is the one I have for the one on the cylinder head