News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

' 60 Eldo skirts

Started by David Greenburg, July 21, 2013, 08:49:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Greenburg

I'm still trying  to get the right skirts on my car.  I had thought the skirt sheet metal on all models was the same other than the holes for the trim but it appears the Fleetwood/ Eldo skirts have a different part number than the other models. and non Eldo skirts don't seem to fit right.  I had an old skirt that I tried to fit, but there was a gap at one corner, and the latch wouldn't stay locked, although after comparing it with another old skirt, it appears this may be due to the latch mechanism being worn at the point where it locks.  Has anyone successfully transplanted 62/de Ville skirts onto a ' 60 Eldo, or had a skirt latch that fails to stay locked?
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

jonas.eliasson

HI DAVID

a regular 1960 any model skirt works fine (not limo) i did it several times last time was on this car you can see on classicresto.n.nu  there is a google translator for english
REGARDS JONAS
jonas eliasson

David Greenburg

Jonas:

If I follow you correctly, you used regular '60 skirts when restoring the Biarritz on your website, and those skirts fit without modification (except for holes for the Eldo  trim).  Gorgeous car, and great pictures of it on your site by the way.  It looks like you did an amazing job on that car!
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

jonas.eliasson

THANKS DAVID

Yes i used regular skirts with no modification at all only drilled the holes for the trim
JONAS ;D ;D
jonas eliasson