News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

crossing the Canadian border

Started by Gary Bakeslee, July 21, 2013, 11:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary Bakeslee

Has anyone sold a car in the USA and transported it to Canada to complete the sale?

What is the requirements from the Canadian government? 
What problems will I encounter at the border?
What can the purchaser in Canada do to help this go smoothly?

Gary B.
Gary Blakeslee

60eldo

hi,,where are you from,,,Canada? Did you buy a car in us?
Jon. Klu

52Cadillac

Try the membership directory in your area for area members contact info, who may have done so.
Mike
SemperFiFund.org
(Helping combat injured Marines)

Gary Bakeslee

Good morning,  I am a US citizen and sold the car here in the states. But was asked to deliver it into Canada.

Gary Blakeslee

M. Bankes

I have done it a dozen or more times. What year is it ? Are you being paid to deliver it ? Don't forget the US side of the boarder, I find it to be more of a pain,
Let me know how I can help,
Mike Bankes

Dan LeBlanc

Send me a PM with your address and I'll fill you in on the process.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

Gary Bakeslee

Dan,  I am unfamiliar with the PM.  Could you tell me what is needed?  Then I can get back with you.
           thanks Gary
Gary Blakeslee

Eric S. Maypother #15104

I'm not sure about the car but you'll need a passport to get back into the US without a lot of hassle. I was going to buy a Cadillac in Michigan before, fly then drive it home, the route home was shorter to go threw Canada so I checked it out. If your driving car their you can be a tourist for all the boarder guard knows.
Eric :)
1990 Cadillac Brougham

60eldo

If ur canadian and ur buying a car in the usa,, and want to bring it home, you must send a photo copy of the ownership and bill of sale to the usa side,,, 3 days,,, before you bring it home
Jon. Klu

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Gary,
Do I understand you correctly, & I don't want to get too involved in your business? You're selling a car in the US & you're going to deliver it to Canada? When is he going to pay you? A deposit up front & balance COD?
I wouldn't transport a car 20 miles WITHIN  the US with that agreement. Also, foreign governments are VERY concerned about the value of items coming into their domains!!!My advice... get paid in full for the car & let him make his own arrangements. If he won't agree to that, let him go.
My phone # is in the CLC directory in Santa Clara, Ca. if you want to discuss it on the phone.
HTH, Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

P Cedergren

I have brought a few old cars back to Canada, it's not a big deal.

However, if I were you I would deliver the car to the US side of the border and let the buyer sort out the border crossing details. Why would you want to be involved in that?

/Per C. 4218