News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Is Art G pulling out of the old Cadillac community for a while?

Started by Caddy Wizard, July 24, 2013, 04:43:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caddy Wizard

Over the years, I have been a frequent commentator on the Forum, especially on the Technical/Authenticity forum.  If I have been a little less active on this Forum lately, there is a good reason for that (I haven't been dissatisfied with our old Caddy community in any way).  For the past 18 months I have been working toward a possible run for U.S. Senate from Georgia (the seat being vacated by Senator Chambliss).  I downsized my collection from 3 Cadillac's to just one (Max, my 54 sedan) in anticipation of this effort.  Presently, I am heavily engaged in a pledge drive effort to establish enough financial support to launch a strong candidacy.  If that drive reaches my goal, I will be entering the race and declaring my candidacy.  So don't be surprised if sometime soon I drop off the board altogether.  As they say, it's not you, it's me.

If you want to know more about this, feel free to contact me directly.  Thanks.

Art Gardner (aka Agent 86)

agardner@gardnergroff.com
Art Gardner

1955 S60 Fleetwood sedan (now under resto -- has been in paint shop since June 2022!)
1955 S62 Coupe (future show car? 2/3 done)
1958 Eldo Seville (2/3 done)

Doug Houston

Well, rt, if you're a (strong) conservative, I'm all for ya. If not, then, welll.
38-6019S
38-9039
39-9057B
41-6227D
41-6019SF
41-6229D
41-6267D
56-6267
70-DeV Conv
41-Chev 41-1167
41 Olds 41-3929

Davidinhartford

Good luck Art!

After you are Senator and then President, make sure you keep a Cadillac at the White House!

EAM 17806

If you are a Reagan conservative I'd be 100% with you. Just don't get involved with those left wing-nuts that are all over cable news.  Good Luck!  EAM
Ev Marabian

1976 Cadillac Coupe DeVille, 1989 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, 1990 Pontiac Bonneville and 1996 Buick Skylark

52Cadillac

Art, Good luck if your a financially astute individual who is a Constitutionalist I'm all for ya. I think you may be.
Mike
SemperFiFund.org
(Helping combat injured Marines)

David King (kz78hy)

As long as you support getting alcohol out of gasoline and ridding the funding that makes that possible, then I would support.
David King
CLC 22014  (life)
1958 Eldorado Brougham 615
1959 Eldorado Brougham 56- sold
1960 Eldorado Brougham 83- sold
1998 Deville d'Elegance
1955 Eldorado #277
1964 Studebaker Commander
2012 Volt
CLCMRC benefactor 197

Director and Founder, Eldorado Brougham Chapter
Past President, Motor City Region

Rare Parts brand suspension parts Retailer via Keep'em Running Automotive

Louis Smith

Are political discussions now acceptable here?  Just askin.

The Tassie Devil(le)

Not really.

At this stage, there is nothing to complain about, but if the posts get out of hand, then it will get deleted.

But, Art, as I see it, is telling fellow Members why he hasn't been around, and may not be in the future.

He hasn't made any mention of his political persuasions either, so this in itself is not a problem.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Caddy Wizard

I am not going to even hint on this board about my political philosophy, which would be an inappropriate use of the Forum.  The CLC Forum is about car stuff, not politics.  In fact, I was a little apprehensive about even posting what I did.  I would encourage folks to refrain from turning this into a political discussion, as there will be people of good will all across the political spectrum who read the Forum to glean car information, not to be confronted with political views which are opposite to theirs.  Other venues exist for that kind of discourse.  Anyone who wants to know my political positions is welcome to contact me offline and I'll be glad to share my ideas.

The only exception to the above is that I feel compelled to say that as a regular citizen I have long deplored the forced inclusion of alcohol in our fuel supply for a number of reasons, including that it is harmful to our old wheeled treasures.  You can guess from that how I might view the situation if elected.

Art Gardner

1955 S60 Fleetwood sedan (now under resto -- has been in paint shop since June 2022!)
1955 S62 Coupe (future show car? 2/3 done)
1958 Eldo Seville (2/3 done)

Paul Phillips

Good luck Art!  It looks like a crowded field, but no one else has declared support for the car hobby!

Paul
Paul Phillips CLC#27214
1941 60 Special (6019S)
1949 60 Special (6069X)
1937 Packard Super 8 Convertible Victoria
1910 Oakland Model 24 Runabout

Meltudball

I think it would be more productive and important to be more concerned with the inclusion of alcohol in drivers then in our fuel.

R Schroeder

I think a few comments have already got out of hand.
Roy