News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Neutral safety switch for 1970

Started by Matt 12861, July 24, 2013, 09:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt 12861

I need a neutral safety switch for my 1970 De ville.  I don't see any on EBay, Autozone, etc.  Does any one know if this switch is exclusively used on Cadillacs or is there a chance other GM switches might work?  also does anyone know the other years that might fit?  I would guess a 1969 would.....
thanks for any help
Matt Givler
Matt Givler #12861

cadillactim

Matt

I sell them rebuilt.  I will send you a PM.

Tim

Tim Groves

TJ Hopland

What happened to yours?  If its like the later ones what seems to happen is the little tabs that hold the plastic bit to the cast metal bit break off so it falls apart.   On several of them I have been able to use zip ties to hold it back together.  Again not sure that is what a 70 was like, it may be completely different and not as easy to repair.   I did that to one car I still own 15 years ago and its still holding and working. 
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

John McLaurine CLC 17181

Hello Matt,

According to my Cadillac parts book Section 4.054, Switch - Trans Neutral and back-up lights

69-72 All use P/N 1994137
The same P/N crosses to 73 (with Tele  & Tilt) and 73 (1st type, w/o T&T)

hunt around on the web for this part number, I bet you will find other applications for the same part (Buick, chevy, etc)

john

Glen

Quote from: John McLaurine on July 26, 2013, 12:10:16 PM
hunt around on the web for this part number, I bet you will find other applications for the same part (Buick, chevy, etc)

I’m not sure about that.  Did the other makes have the automatic parking brake release?  That is integral to the NSS. 
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

Matt 12861

Thanks all for the help, I took it off kind of cleaned it up and put it back on with a little adjustment and it is working now?
Matt Givler #12861