News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1949 Radio Buttons to Set Stations

Started by MB49Caddy, July 26, 2013, 05:29:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MB49Caddy

Ok, so my radio is working but when I attempt to pull the knobs out to set the stations they won't come out. Am I doing something wrong or are they just so old they aren't coming out anymore? I sure as heck don't want to break them. They work fine now, but just are set for Boston or Colorado (LOL) and I want to set them for DC!

Thanks for the advice.
Regards,
MB
"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right." - Abraham Lincoln

Doug Houston

You're lucky it isn't a search tuner!

You pull out the button you wish to set. I've forgotten, but with a sidewise pull. Once the buton is out, there's a screw head   behind it. Loosen the screw, and tune to your selected setting.Tighten the setting screw, and push hhe button back in lace.

Often, the setting cams in the set witt stick. If that happens, pust the button in abruptly, then  do yhe selection again.
38-6019S
38-9039
39-9057B
41-6227D
41-6019SF
41-6229D
41-6267D
56-6267
70-DeV Conv
41-Chev 41-1167
41 Olds 41-3929

Richardonly

MB,

Doug is correct that the buttons pull out on an angle to the left.  I am NOT sure of the screw he speaks about and shall check mine.  Even following the instructions, I never did get mine set, but here in New England, there is NOTHING I care to listed to on AM anyway.

It does play for demo purposes and there is one spanish channel which plays festive music. I don't understand what they are saying, but the music is lively.

Richard
1948 Cadillac Fleetwood 60S
1995 Lincoln Towncar, Signature Series
1995 Jaguar XJ6
2001 Chrysler Sebring Convertible
1986 Yamaha 700 Maxim X motorcycle

Tito Sobrinho

M. Brown, find the desired station by the regular manual control  knob and pull the selector button to the right and out. Push in the selected button in...voila, the selected station is on.
Or pull the selector first, tune in the station and push in the selector in.
Richard, I didn't  see any screws either and you can pre-selected the station on your car's radio using the above maneuver.
Tito S.

1949 CCP 6267X  (First Series)

Thanks to Frank Hershey for its design and thanks to Harry Barr, Ed Cole, John Gordon and Byron Ellis for its engine.

Richardonly

1948 Cadillac Fleetwood 60S
1995 Lincoln Towncar, Signature Series
1995 Jaguar XJ6
2001 Chrysler Sebring Convertible
1986 Yamaha 700 Maxim X motorcycle

R Sotardi #11719

Richard, What they are saying is, " we wish we driving a Cadillac instead of this No va". Ron