News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

A few good pics of my 49 and 83QV

Started by MB49Caddy, July 27, 2013, 09:37:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MB49Caddy

Here are a few pics I took today of my two fun cars
"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right." - Abraham Lincoln

MB49Caddy

A few more
"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right." - Abraham Lincoln

Blade

Looks like you got your fun alright!    ;D   ... any one of them more fun than the other or no preference?

MB49Caddy

Blade, they are such different animals there is no comparison at all. I guess it depends on my mood. I have only had the Caddy for a short time compared to the 308, so I guess it will be even more of a weekend car than the Ferrari.  It isn't easy to drive the Ferrari, but it is even more challenging to drive the Caddy as it turns like an aircraft carrier - niether car has power steering.

I love them both in thier own way. The Ferrari is more fun to take out after work to blow off some steam, but the Caddy is more fun to drive when it is cool out in the evening (there haven't been too many yet this Summer - can't wait for Fall) and I ABSOLUTELY get more people who talk to me about the Caddy and like it more than the Ferrari.

What do you think about them from your perspective just looking at them?

MB

Quote from: Blade on July 28, 2013, 10:17:26 PM
Looks like you got your fun alright!    ;D   ... any one of them more fun than the other or no preference?

Blade

Well, I have not driven a Ferrari yet but definitely looks like fun of its own. I can see your point to drive it during the busy days of the week and couldn't agree more that the Caddy is a better for a more relaxed weekend cruisin'. I think many people who haven't owned a classic Cadillac yet mistake them for snappy quick driving cars but then I remind them these classics were luxury vehicles made to drive in '50s, '40s ... etc. traffic, with much fewer cars on the road. So don't forget about no air bags, no seatbelts, drum brakes up front (often single circuit) and for entertainment even in the '59 a single speaker in the back was an optional item!  ;D

Great to hear that so many people are interested in the Caddy, I would have thought you would get close to equal interests. Looks like you made a wise desision!    ;)