News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1974 Eldorado seat belt interlock help.

Started by Bryan Thompson, July 28, 2013, 08:49:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Thompson

Hi Guys,
Have been redoing a 74 Eldo Convertible, just spent three days getting the seats out and installed new carpeting. I tried to be as organized as possible, I'm kinda disorganized by nature, We did a beautiful job, looks like a specialty shop did it :-)

One small problem, As we went back from front to rear gluing and fastening I managed to miss the two plug connector that goes to the drivers seatbelt.  This is the one that stops the car from starting unless the seatbelt is fastened. :-(  The only way to get it to start is with no one in the front seat.

Please, please, please tell me there is a way I can fix this without tearing out my new carpet.....Thanks for any suggestions. I do have a shop manual, but it only talks about the right way to fix it.
I would rather push an old Cadillac, than drive a new anything:-)