News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1956 Power Window

Started by SamuelWilson, July 29, 2013, 11:49:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SamuelWilson

Hi Guys,

I've got an issue with my rear passenger side power window. The other windows are operating as normal but this one window will not respond to either switches. Is there a way of fixing this without tearing up the carpet?r
Any suggestions on how to approach the problem are appreciated.

Thanks,

Sam Wilson

Coupe Deville

I would start by taking out the switches that don't work and looking at the back of the switches at the terminals and wire conections. This just happened on my 59' Convertible. The right and left rear didn't work so i took the switches apart cleaned the contacts and the terminals and re soldered the conections and they work perfectly now. Good Luck
-Gavin Myers CLC Member #27431
"The 59' Cadillac says more about America than a whole trunk full of history books, It was the American Dream"

J. Gomez

Quote from: SamuelWilson on July 29, 2013, 11:49:53 AM
Hi Guys,

I've got an issue with my rear passenger side power window. The other windows are operating as normal but this one window will not respond to either switches. Is there a way of fixing this without tearing up the carpet?r
Any suggestions on how to approach the problem are appreciated.

Thanks,

Sam Wilson

Sam,

On your previous post I mention removing the door sills and the cover plate to gain access to the window wiring harness which runs inside a channel on both L&R doors.
http://forums.cadillaclasalleclub.org/index.php?topic=125748.msg238300#msg238300 

There is no need to tearing the carpet, the harness is run from the front doors channels up to the center pillars, it then if feed up the pillars for both left and right doors.

I made a drawing for the window wiring which I’ve used to made a new hardness, the file is too large for an attachment. If you send me your PM I’ll be glad to send a copy.

Good luck..!
J. Gomez
CLC #23082