News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Where to locate 1958 Biarritz engine numbers?

Started by drmike_57, July 30, 2013, 01:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drmike_57

Hello there, I recently purchased a 1958 Cadillac Biarritz Convertible from a seller in California. Seller claimed that the motor, trans and body all original. The car is at the workshop now in CA and I need to locate the engine numbers because I am currently residing outside the USA; I will need the engine numbers and VIN numbers to register the vehicle. However, the technician at the workshop in CA said he can't find the engine numbers; he has been looking for a week and yet he still couldn't locate the engine numbers. He said only the stamped date could be found. Can anyone please tell me where is the engine number located on a 58 Biarritz? How do I know if the engine is original? I need help urgently. Thank you, I'll appreciate it.
Mike G

chris cunliffe

The engine number is stamped on a boss on the engine block just below the cylinder head on the passenger side.This should match the frame number which is located on top of the chassis rail on the passenger side just behind the top suspension wishbone.
1957 Eldorado Seville #967

Mike Baillargeon #15848

drmike,  Chris has it right.

That boss/flange hangs off the block under the cylinder head on the front passenger side of the engine.

If your car has A/C then its hard to see all the numbers on that boss/flange because of the A/C compressor & A/C brackets, but its there. Use a mirror & a flash light and you can read all the numbers.

That engine # should match the number on the frame rail that Chris said was on the passenger side frame rail. Then you know that is the engine that came with the car originally.

For grins check the drivers side door jam, there should be an oil change tag with those same engine, frame #s on the tag.

Good luck!    When you can, post a picture of your 58 Eldorado.......Cadillac didn't make many of them and its always great to see one.

Mike Baillargeon   #15848

Mike
Baillargeon

drmike_57

Hello Mike & Chris,

Thanks for taking the time to assist and describe the location of the engine number. I will convey the same to the technician. Hope it will turn up positively. Here is the link to some pictures,
http://cgi.ebay.com.my/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=111115602061&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:MY:3160
Hope you can see them. There is a picture of the engine bay, can you comment please? Thanks again.

Mike G

Bill Caddyshack

Here are some pictures of where to find these numbers on the 365ci engines, 1956-1958.