News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1937 cadillac fleetwood 70 interior cost

Started by franek25, July 31, 2013, 01:21:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

franek25

Good morning my name is Jason i jsut bought a 1937 Cadillac fleetwood 70 and the interior is shot i am trying to figure what a fair price wood be to replace interior using stock type materials ?/ thank you for any information on this i am kinda at a loss when it comes to this area ??
Just a guy that loves his car even though its not perfect!

Paul Tesone

Hi Jason - first , congratulations on your recent purchase . Second , I just went thru this with my 37 6049 series . See the post in this restoration section . In fact , the job hasn't been completed yet . Maybe another 3-4 days . Call me ( after 6:30 pm eastern time @ 781-593-1154 ) or e-mail me ( tess352@yahoo.com ) and I'll fill you in on what my experience has been . Good luck & post some pictures ...Paul Tesone ,        CLC # 6876 .

franek25

[img]Thank you so much for your reply I am 34 years old and have save for 3 years to buy my dream car needs paint and interior. The body is really stright and motor was rebuilt in the late 1980's. runs shift like new (= I am excited to see what she turns into when all done.  I am just trying to get a budget together to see what I should expect to pay !

The Tassie Devil(le)

G'day jf,

Did you receive my email?   If so, it needs to be addressed, and if not, then I need your correct email address.

Thanks,

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

franek25

good morning hope your week went well my Bruce that's my dads name !! anyways my email address is jasonfranek@aol.com . Thank you for your time and any help you can give me i am a sponge waiting for knowledge=

The Tassie Devil(le)

G'day Jason,

That is the email address I sent it to.

I will send it again, as a PM.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

gary griffin

Hi Jason,

First a friendly reminder, this website requires at least a first initial and a last neme. The moderators will remove your post if you do not have that.

As to your question regarding interior I am currently doing mine and I had bids from $4,500 to $9,500.  I went with one of the lower bids but it got complicated. I bought the material for a complete authentic restoration as part of our deal, that cost about $2,000 as I recall.  I used a very small company that was basically one person who was very knowedgable. She started on my seats and then had a family emergency and my project in stalled.  I still have the car as she wanted the seats first. Hopefully she will finish the seats and I am looking for another person to finish the rest. 

If your car is a large sedan and you want the authentic materials it is costly but worth it in my opinion.  I have a running blog in the restoration forum in case you are interested (New Blog, restoring my 1942 - 6719) 

Good luck and keep us posted, and I would suggest joning yhr club also.   
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver

franek25

Good morning thank you again for all your help its been a blessing I went and changed my profile and added the items that it asked for (=. Allot of amzing helpfull people on here so far . Makes me think i can fix up my car given some time and money ! ;D

Chris Conklin

Quote from: franek25 on August 03, 2013, 01:24:50 PM
... Makes me think i can fix up my car given some time and money ! ;D
Emphasis on money!  ;D
Chris Conklin

gary griffin

As the old saying goes "Time is money"  A restoration can be hurried up by spending more money and made less expensive by doing more of the work your self.  It can not be made faster and less costly without compromising quality or
authenticity,
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver

franek25

great point (= I am in no hurry I want things done right and too look good i am not selling it for years so Hopefully time allowing it becomes what i see it becoming in my head someday (=

harvey b

Try Lebaron-Bonney, I think they have some original style materials for these now.Any work they would do is top notch also,went there for a tour one time and was very impressed,they also own Hampton Coach who is a big GM interior company. Harvey b
Harvey Bowness