News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

GN 2013 - Comment & Photos

Started by Paul Tesone, August 04, 2013, 11:33:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Tesone

WOW - what a great event ! With the exception of some rain drops for about 20 minutes , the weather was great . Many people enjoyed the Duck Tours and other trips , some of our Australian friends saw a terrific Red Sox come from behind victory , and a wonderful awards dinner last night . To say that the cars were fabulous would be an understatement . One after another - all rolling works of art in my opinion . A difficult job for the judges , I'm sure . And none of this happened by accident . Clearly a great deal of thought and planning went into making this event the success it was . My congratulations and appreciation to Chris Milici , his team , the many volunteers and the behind the scene people who made this Grand National possible . Looking forward to Lake George . They have a tough act to follow . ..., Paul Tesone CLC # 6876

Paul Tesone

More photos ..Paul Tesone CLC # 6876

Glen

I have to agree with Paul.  This was a great Grand National.  There were a couple of hiccups but I don’t think you can do something this big and not have a hiccup or two
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

Mike Baillargeon #15848

It was really another great Grand National!!

Hat tip to all the hard work put in by the New England Region!

For some reason, this year I spent alot of time around the 1920s & 1930s cars Hmmm.....

Mike Baillargeon  #15848
Mike
Baillargeon

N Kahn

Blade

Quote from: N Kahn on August 05, 2013, 09:33:55 AM
Where will it be next year?

I hope I can also make it there next year.

Are you planning to bring your car next year Nadeem? I hope you can, I would love to see it in person.

Dan LeBlanc

We're already planning in headed to Lake George next year. This was my first GN and first time judging and had a great time.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

Walter Youshock

Another GREAT National!  There's NEVER enough time to do and see everything.  It takes me at least 3 days to "recover" from these events.  Haven't even uploaded my photos from the camera yet.

Kudos to Chris and the entire crew from the NERCLC!!!!
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

N Kahn

John Barry [CLC17027]

A funny/cute story: we had our three grandchildren (age 7, 3½, and 21 months) with us.  Joshua, age 3½, kept telling me, "Opa, I want to show you a car just like your La Salle".  He's right on that score: I own a 1940 series 50 4-door sedan.  On the day of the show, he took my hand, repeated that same line, and marched me over to...the 1940 series 52 opera coupe on display.  You have to hand it to the little man: he knew the difference between the other nearby La Salles and a '40 enough to distinguish it flawlessly.  He'll learn the differences between the series 50 and 52 versions soon enough.

John Barry

PS: one question that just occurred to me: why were there two pins for the judges?  I got the circular one with the official logo, and a more generic black rectangular one with the Cadillac and La Salle logos, and the words "JUDGE 2013 GN".  Nothing more than curiosity, but still...
John Barry (CLC 17027)
Now-retired editor/Publisher of the Valley Forge Region newsletter, The Goddess
1940 La Salle series 50 four door sedan

RobertM

That Apollo Gold & Black '54 CDV belongs to a fellow the next town over from me in Connecticut.  Fantastic car; I have a '54 Fleetwood that aspires to be as nice as his someday:)  I balked at the 140 mile drive to bring my car to the show and wish i had, if for no other reason than to be seen next to some of the outstanding cars that were there.  I will definitely be bringing it to Lake George next year.

I brought my 13 y/o son to the event on Saturday and we had an absolutely fabulous time.  My son's not really a "car guy" yet, but this GN definitely nudged him more in that direction.

Bob
'54 60S
Bob Melms

1954 60 Special
1995 Sedan Deville
1999 Eldorado (RIP 2018)
Connecticut, USA

N Kahn

Quote from: George K Hashem on August 05, 2013, 01:42:58 PM
Just a bit north of Saratoga NY about 25 miles.

Why so close to the previous year's meet? I wish it was somewhere a bit closer to me, I'd really like to go.

Walter Youshock

Location comes down to which region throws their hat in the ring to host the National.  As I recall, there was no other Region considering hosting it in 2014 besides the NY Capitol Region.

On another note, she wasn't in Quincy but the car was.  And the car looked just as it does in these photos.  Unfortunately, my camera died Saturday afternoon so I never got a "today" shot.
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham