News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

"Chateau" emblem on 1966 Sedan DeVille?

Started by Lucas Feininger #15674, August 05, 2013, 04:31:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucas Feininger #15674

I saw a 1966 sedan devile on eBay. A beautiful car but it has a goddess hood emblem bolted onto the hood and wreaths and crests with a piece of script that says "Chateau" on the c-pillars. To make the car correct the hood ornament would have to be removed but were the "Chateau" emblems some kind of dealer package item?

Thank you,

Lucas Feininger
1965 Sedan de Ville
1965 Eldorado
2014 SRX
CLC #15674

"The only way to travel is Cadillac style"

Dan LeBlanc

If you're worried about authenticity, the only accessories you will not lose points on in CLC judging are Cadillac-approved dealer installed accessories. Dealer installed aftermarket accessories will result in a points deduction.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

Lucas Feininger #15674

Hi Dan

Thanks for your input. I suspect that the Chateau emblem is incorrect, especially with the wreath and crest (which I understand was only used on Fleetwood models). The other concern naturally is the goddess hood ornament. To make this car correct the hood ornament would have to be removed and the hood would have to be fixed and repainted, and the Chateau emblems would have to be removed. Depending on how they were attached I may have to have a new vinyl roof installed.

Neither of these repairs are deal-breakers but I estimate they would run $1500 - $2000, which is a consideration. What is tempting about the car is that it is a 19,000 mile car in otherwise excellent condition.
Lucas Feininger
1965 Sedan de Ville
1965 Eldorado
2014 SRX
CLC #15674

"The only way to travel is Cadillac style"

R Schroeder

Very nice looking car. Hood has the other blemish on it, so it would have to be repainted anyway.

okccadman

There were many 71-73 Coupe de Ville Chateaus around here.  It was a dealer package with a 1/2 vinyl top usually installed on a low option Coupe de Ville or Calais coupe.
Jim Jordan CLC# 5374
Oklahoma City, OK

55 Series 62 Sedan
56 Series 62 Coupe
56 Fleetwood 75 Derham Limo
59 Fleetwood Sixty Special
66 Fleetwood Brougham
66 Superior Hearse/Ambulance
67 Fleetwood Sixty Special
68 Fleetwood Eldorado
76 Coupe de Ville d'Elegance
90 Brougham