News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Spark plugs 38 Cadillac

Started by Cooke, August 07, 2013, 07:32:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cooke

What are the correct plugs for my 38 Cadillac?? I just pulled out all 8 plugs and they are autolite 86 not sure if these are correct, one was completely shorted the end was up against the electrode as if someone dropped it and then put it back in the car. Also what is proper gap?? My shop manual should be here in a couple of days but thought I would get a jump on a tune up. Thanks Its a 60 S

harry s

1938 took a 14mm plug if all is as it was born with. The AC plug is a 45. They are getting hard to find but do show up on Ebay. I know from previous posts you are trying to find your engine # to verify if yours is the original engine. You really have to clean the area as Steve suggested and a good fender cover so you can get really close along with a light helps. Good Luck,    Harry
Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum

joeceretti

My 38 60 Special has NGK UR4GP plugs in it.

joeceretti

This post inspired me to take my plugs out. WHOA These babies need replacing! Bought 8 new plugs. Carefully gapped and reinstalled with some anti-seize. Made a world of difference!

harvey b

My 37 60 series has Autolite 308s in it,seems to work fine.readily available at any parts store. Harvey b
Harvey Bowness