News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

eBay alternative???

Started by rich neary, August 11, 2013, 11:47:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rich neary

I'm a long time user of eBay and over the years have bought (and sold) many hard to find parts and a number of unique cars there.
These days the ads are full of crap offered by dealers and it takes forever to sort through to locate the good stuff.
Has anyone here found another auction / for sale site that isn't polluted with off shore crapola?
Thanks
Rich
Rich Neary
Statesville, NC

1957 Series 60 Fleetwood
2013 CTS
1955 Jaguar XK140MC  FHC
1965 Deville Convertible
1998 Jaguar XK8 Coupe

Bill Ingler #7799

Rich: Try typing in the word Used before what you are searching for in Ebay. Like Used 1941 Cadillac Parts. This eliminates a lot of useless new junk which is the majority of what you see on ebay.  For NOS Cad parts I do the same thing or even use GM NOS parts. Not always eliminating the junk but sure helps not seeing every wind deflector or molding clip every made, maybe just some.   Bill

Mike Baillargeon #15848

Rich, 

What also works for me, as I search on Ebay is in the search phrase type in      -fits     at the end. 

The   -fits    cuts out all the cu-pie dolls & sunglasses that will fit a 1955 Cadillac but I don't want.

Hope this helps.

Mike Baillargeon  #15848
Mike
Baillargeon

76eldo

Mike is right.

If you use the minus sign with no spaces between the minus and the words you want to filter out it works great.

I do nos Cadillac -led -cover -fits and it cuts way down on the crap.

Also search 70 Cadillac as well as 1970 Cadillac.

I have also found great bargains with spelling errors like Caddilac, Caddy, Eldaroda, stuff like that.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)