News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1941 head light switch removal / diagram

Started by BILL HONIOTES, August 13, 2013, 07:30:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BILL HONIOTES

Does anyone have experience removing the switch from the dash or an exploded view diagram of the 1941 head light switch.  Can't figure out how to remove it. thanks.

Bill Ingler #7799

Hi Bill: If I remember correctly the 41 switch comes out the same as the 47 which you see in the pictures below. With your finger, find the spring lock which is shown by the pencil point in the first picture. Push down on the spring part of the lock using one hand and at the same time pull out on the headlight switch knob with the other hand. Once the knob with shaft are out, then use a Allen wrench and unscrew the chrome bezel. Then push back on the switch and then pull down to let you disconnect the wiring from the switch. If the wiring is NOT to be replaced then be very careful handling the old wiring as the insulation is very brittle. Have fun.   Bill

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Looks like a new case of Hogshair Burn, Bill... (That's what you get on the back of your neck when you contort yourself upside down with your feet in the air over the back of the front seat.)

Of course, this was when I was my svelte sized 36 Regular just out of the Army. Now, I'd probably have to take the front seat out.

Speaking of HogsHair carpet. It was a joy to see two cars with the original mats (Rubber with the hogshair inserts) at the GN.)
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Bill Ingler #7799

Barry: The only thing worse than a Hogshair Burn is getting a charlie horse in a leg and then try to get out of the car.   Bill

gary griffin

First step is assumed to ne known but just in case it isn't here it is  "Disconnect the battery"

I have founf that I can do it sitting in the seat and feeling the switch back with my left hand depressing the spring loaded cog and pulling the knob out.

It helpe dto have an extra switch to try it out on though.
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver