News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1933 V12 hood hold downs

Started by Alex Alrikas, August 15, 2013, 11:51:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex Alrikas

Purchased a set of 4 hood hold downs for a 1933 V12 Imperial Sedan. My originals were completely missing. The first set I purchased were too short to match the holes for the latch and the rest button area on the hood.  Must have been for a V8 maybe ? Good thing I found that out before I had them restored and chrome plated.

The second set was new and were longer and huskier for a V16 I believe?   The front two hood hold downs matched all the holes and had the proper length,  and lined up perfectly.   The rear two because of the slope of the fender ended up pointing more rearward of the hood latch and rest button area.

The new set I purchased ??  Should they not have had one pair of hold downs to match the angle of the slope of the fender mounting?? The vendor I purchased
the set of four from acted as if something was different about my model 33 and not that there was a problem his hood hold downs.

My contention is that slope of the front fender is there no matter what model you have V8 or V12 or V16. Any Input here would be appreciated. 

Johan Boltendal #158

Hi if you give me your e-mail address I wll send you a few images of how they should look   Johan

Alex Alrikas

Thanks for the reply. A picture would be great. Your rear mounted area is it mounted on the slope of the fender or is there a flat area?? Maybe on a shorter
model the mounting area might be different from mine and maybe that's what the vendor meant?

My e-mail is poetrypja@windstream.net