News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Canadian Diffrences

Started by caddeh, August 21, 2013, 10:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

caddeh

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone knows if the serial numbers on Hydramatic transmissions are diffrent from Canadian to American cars ?

Reason i ask is i am looking for a new transmission &  the one i have picked up says A-55  but all the info i can find on identifying them says 55-A (and that being a commercial one with trans cooler, which the one i have does not have the cooler)

Thanks for any info

Dan LeBlanc

Cadillacs were only built and assembled in the USA not like Chevrolet and Pontiac that had Canadian variants (my 63 Impala for example has a different air cleaner than the US version and says Made in Canada on the intake manifold).  The Cadillac transmission is the same no matter where the car ended up new.  Only one assembly plant, only one Hydra-Matic plant, etc.

One other bit of friendly advice, please update your profile to include your first inital and last name so that your posts will all have this information as required to use the forum.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

C.R. Patton II

Hello Morley

Intriguing inquiry. I'm unsure of the vintage you are inquiring about. However there were some LaSalle vehicles made in Canada.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

Roger Zimmermann

A55...is a transmission for a commercial chassis. Regular cars had C55-1 till C55-130364; cars with 2 carbs had a different transmission: CE55-1 till CE55-7147.
I hope this will help somewhat.
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

P.M.O.

Quote from: C.R. Patton II on August 21, 2013, 08:09:09 PM

Hello Morley

Intriguing inquiry. I'm unsure of the vintage you are inquiring about. However there were some LaSalle vehicles made in Canada.
General Motors of Canada and R.S McLaughlin history 1918.