News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1976 Fleetwood ASC Sunroof opening Felt Seal Source

Started by Barry, August 22, 2013, 10:23:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry

I am contemplating replacing the vinyl top on my 76 Talisman, and will need the felt covered aluminum seal/welt that attaches to the sunroof opening.A cross section looks like this  (  q  ). What has been the experience of you guys who have tackled this ? Where is a source for the seal ? VW uses the same material but the VW kit is far from enough for a Cadillac. Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated ! Thanks , Barry
Barry Norman
1958 Biarritz
1961Biarritz
1976 Bicentennial
1976 Fleetwood Talisman
1961Continental Convertible

Barry

Barry Norman
1958 Biarritz
1961Biarritz
1976 Bicentennial
1976 Fleetwood Talisman

66 Eldo

Barry,

I have owned a few Avanti IIs over the years and a '76 I had was equipped with an ASC sunroof. Dan Booth of Nostalgic Avanti Parts at 1800 AVANTIX may be able to help you with sourcing the parts. Mine had a very large sunroof out of what I believe was a mid-70s Lincoln Town Car ( it was Ford CARLITE glass) but the outer trim most likely was the same.

From what I have read, ASC is out of business in regard to what they were 25 years ago but there is still a franchise operating here in San Diego. You may want to call them, however, they may not be able to help you with old stuff.

Attached is an outside pic of my Avanti sunroof. Its not the best photo but you may be able to see if the trim is similar to what you are looking for.

Good luck!

Barry

Thanks !! That looks like the same stuff ! Waiting for a sample from a company that has it for the ASC equipped 68 Cougar XR-7's. Think it's the same, but I need 11 feet ! LOL !
Barry Norman
1958 Biarritz
1961Biarritz
1976 Bicentennial
1976 Fleetwood Talisman