News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Correct color for the steering column and dash

Started by Cooke, August 28, 2013, 07:22:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cooke

What would be the correct color for the steering column and dash of a 1938 60S? Mine is a bit dull and chipped thinking of repainting it. I believe the wood graining started in 39, was an option in 38?? Thanks, Martin

joeceretti

As far as I know the wood grain wasn't an option in our 39 60 specials. Mine is currently painted the same color as the dash. My shift lever is also painted but I can see some chrome beneath the chipping flaking paint. What's the trim code on your identification plate?

Warren Rauch #4286

From a 1942 Cadillac parts book

Steering wheel (hub) ,steering column, hand brake lever, and instrument panel
  38-50,60,60s,65 Light Beige    (paint#) 20251942
  38-75,90             Worth Brown  (paint#) 2429835

Stuff in () ,I added. I don't have  a1938 Data Book. In 1937 they  mention only paint colors for interior mouldings. In 1939, the mouldings are said to be walnut. My 3975 does have wood window mouldings  and a grained dash panel. Warren

Chris Bryant #19358

Hello folks,

Joe is right about colours and the plated shift lever. Worth Brown is used in the larger series cars. Any body want a tin of Worth Brown? Unused? Just sayin...

Chris Bryant #19358

joeceretti

I think I should drive over and take a look at your car Chris! You aren't that far from me.