News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1978 CB / radio question

Started by Junk, August 29, 2013, 07:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junk

My 1978 Cadillac has the optional AM/FM/CB 8 track radio, and the microphone doesn't have a microphone hanger.  Does anyone have a picture of where the microphone hanger belongs, and what parts are required to properly install it as the factory had done.  I want to keep my Cadillac as original as possible, and not just put a microphone hanger just anywhere.  Thanks Junk
P. Steinberg

Coupe Deville

Am/Fm/Cb and 8 track! That's all of my favorite things! Is there a second antenna for the cb or does it run on the Am/Fm antenna?
-Gavin Myers CLC Member #27431
"The 59' Cadillac says more about America than a whole trunk full of history books, It was the American Dream"

R Schroeder

This is where mine is mounted. I bought the car with 11,500 miles on it, so I believe it to be right. The black box on the right side is my garage door opener. The bracket isn't much more than a stamped out piece of metal, with screw holes in it. Mike slides down in the slot.
Roy

Yes , the CB antenna is part of the radio antenna.

I know, the mats are not cool. I have originals in the trunk. They are only used for show.

Click on the JPG , below picture , to make the picture bigger , or click on picture to make it real big.

R Schroeder

P.S. I have never seen a AM/FM/CB with an 8 track also. Could you post a picture of that ?

www.eldorado-seville.com

Here is a picture of mine
Gerald Loidl
1958 Cadillac Eldorado Seville
1966 Cadillac Coupe deVille
1967 Cadillac DeVille
1967 Cadillac Fleetwood Eldorado
1974 Cadillac Coupe deVille
1978 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz
http://www.eldorado-seville.com
http://www.cadillac-bigmeet.com