News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Lubrication chart for 1938 60 Special

Started by joeceretti, September 02, 2013, 10:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joeceretti

Does anyone have a lubrication chart for a 1938 Sixty Special they want to share with me? My car sounds like there are a bunch of chimpanzees in the suspension when I drive. I jacked it up and lubed every fitting I could find. The shop manual says there are 21 grease fittings. I can't find 21. After lubing I don't hear as many chimpanzees but there are still some there.

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Quote from: joeceretti on September 02, 2013, 10:17:07 PM
Does anyone have a lubrication chart for a 1938 Sixty Special they want to share with me? My car sounds like there are a bunch of chimpanzees in the suspension when I drive. I jacked it up and lubed every fitting I could find. The shop manual says there are 21 grease fittings. I can't find 21. After lubing I don't hear as many chimpanzees but there are still some there.

While Art sends that out to you - and for whatever it may be worth - my 1962 did exactly the same thing except it sounded more like a rusty old bed in a 12 degree log cabin on Lake Placid on February 3rd.  ;D

Greasing the fittings provided temporary relief of the noise - only to recur in several days and eventually, no amount to grease would help.  The final remedy was replacement of the A frame bushings.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Bob Martin

Try this attachment.
If not readable , I can scan in and e-mail to you.
need your e-mail address.
Bob
Bob Martin
CLC # 28309
1938 60S, #6273078