News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Message for Greg Matarese

Started by Dave Shepherd, September 12, 2013, 10:13:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Shepherd

Hemmings has a good looking 68 Eldo listed.

gregm

Dave, I just got back in the hunt and found your twin on epay!

It is an origianl paint car that needs the same roof repair as yours and A/C is down...need someone near Troy MI to look at it and will post.

Is that the one in Hemmings?

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. - Thomas Jefferson

Dave Shepherd

Yes it looks to be the same car.

gregm

Really wanted to avoid the crusty roof but I love that color combo...I read your thread...it was not easy to fix right...if you dont mind my asking, what did it end up costing you?
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. - Thomas Jefferson

Dave Shepherd

Greg, I think you may be confusing me with someone else, I am the person who looked at the car in New Hampshire for you last Sept. I always have my eye on the market place for anything interesting and remembered you wanted specifically a 68E car.

gregm

Yes, I did...and this is another original paint car...save me, Dave, save me...

BTW, the guy in NH was firm on his price...

Dave Shepherd

Well as we all know someone who know's what's what needs to look at the car.  Too far for me of course.  Maybe a member here or a pro from a nationwide appraisal outfit, but I will tell I helped someone up here buy as matching numbers 60 Vette, FI , he contracted with a company on the west coast and they missed a few key items, which I helped him fix when he got it shipped here,. Not happy with their inspection and I spoke to the appraiser to inform him he needed to get a look under these cars!

gregm

Well, I did it...I am joining the ranks as a Cadillac owner!

The ebay Eldo is almost exactly what I was lookign for; just wish I did not have to redo the roof...but condition and colors are spot on...I am pumped...   

Dave Shepherd

Greg, great, any questions about it, you have my info.

gregm

Quote from: Dave Shepherd on October 28, 2013, 07:51:35 PM
Greg, great, any questions about it, you have my info.

I do need some work done and want someone with Eldo experience...where are you located?

Dave Shepherd

75 miles north of Albany just above lake George.

gregm

Really? Not too far...I do remember you have Eldo experience...is the roof repair something you have done?

Dave Shepherd

We specialize in mechanical repairs only, no body, trim, or paint.  You will need a top notch shop to tackle that roof job, due diligence required here to find the right place.

gregm

Thanks for the advise; I know that and would like someone who has done it before. A forum member here had it done in CT and unless I find someone closer I may bring it to him.