News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1984 Eldorado Opera lamp bulb

Started by Jack Owl, September 12, 2013, 03:43:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Owl

Hi, I am new here. I am restoring an 84 Eldorado Biarritz. The opera lamps are fiber optic but have bulbs in the trunk. They look like a normal side marker light, but they are not, They are flat on the top, and looks like a magnifying glass on the top, my question is,
Does Anyone have a Part number for them? I have One working, but the number on the bulb is faded, and I have been to 15 different parts stores and NO ONE has a cross reference. Thanks for any help!! Jack

TJ Hopland

The 83 manual lists the opera lamp for a C or D car as a 756.   Must not have been available on an 83 Eldo.  Maybe its the same?  I can't find my 84 manual. 
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Davidinhartford

I doubt it is fiber optic.   I'd say that they were EL strips like the Broughams used.    EL  (Electro Luminescent) strips are a thin wafer that receives a charge and glows.   The downside is that they degrade over time and fade out until they are inop.    You can buy EL strip hobby kits and repair them, but pulling the old ones apart and refitting them can be a pain.