News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Pace car

Started by gross707, September 15, 2013, 07:26:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gross707

I'm looking at a pace car on eBay that has a trunk lined in red.  Is this the correct factory liner, or should it be the typical black?
Thanks,
GR
Gerald Ross

TJ Hopland

I have only seen the typical black trunks but I am no expert.

Wow there is about a million pictures there but only about 4 of them that are close enough to see any detail.  I hate it when they do that.  Makes me suspicious. 

Things I noticed that you may or may not have seen or may or may not be concentrated with:

Dash appears to have been recovered. 

The impact strips on the rear bumper (and like front too) are showing their typical characteristics at this age where they get a little warpy and the white sort of melts out. 

Exhaust is not stock.  It looks stock to the muffler.  From there back it looks like possibly a 80's chev truck muffler that had a dual outlet and then custom pipes from there.     

StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

wrefakis

be very carefull look at the door jamb,steering wheel,dash,this is a glued together rat

Davidinhartford

I' m not crazy about those recovered interior door armrests either.    I'd rather have seen the originals repaired and redyed.   Same for the dash.

Otherwise it is a good twenty footer.  The seats look good, but I'd make sure they were leather not vinyl.  There are some vinyl seat kits out there now.   

Tim Pawl CLC#4383

Trunk liner should be black/dark Gray.     Matches Boot bag for parade boots,    Tim Pawl CLC #4383