News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

67 Eldo Door panel removal

Started by 60eldo, September 13, 2013, 08:32:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

60eldo

Hi,,,Ive taken other door panels off before, I pulled out the panel clips on the bottom and both sides, took off the 2 door handles. Its lifting out a bottom, but something seems to be holding the top of the panel. I lift but nothing. Is there a trick to this? Help welcome.
Jon. Klu

Gene Beaird

I thought they kind of 'hooked' over the top of the inner door frame.  As you lift, you need to push the top of the door panel toward the outside of the car.  It usually helps if you can lower the window on the door you're attempting to take the panel off of.  Oh, and pull the door lock knob off, too. 

Gene Beaird,
1968 Calais
1979 Seville
Pearland, Texas
CLC Member No. 29873

waterzap

Probably some screws hiding in the center of the door. Underneath one of the smaller panels
Leesburg, AL

Glen

On the 68 ELDO there is a screw behind the lens of the light on the door.  The lens comes off with careful prying on the ends. 
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104