News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Who can repair my power seat drive?

Started by 1966Eldorado, September 13, 2013, 04:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1966Eldorado

I have a 1966 Eldorado with bucket seats. I got it back from the shop and the motor runs but the seat won't move. I have been told that the gears or transmission stripped. I can't even drive the car because I can't get behind the wheel?

Does anybody know someone who specializes in this? I am near Atlanta

Thanks- Tommy
Tommy Statham
CLC# 28310
1966 Eldorado
1955 Coupe 2x4bbl
2011 Mercedes Wagon

cadillactim

Tommy

I rebuild those seat transmissions.  I may have one already on the shelf.  Will need to check.  I am in SC.

Tim

Tim Groves

1966Eldorado

Ok, Tim. Thanks I will look to hear from you.-tommy
Tommy Statham
CLC# 28310
1966 Eldorado
1955 Coupe 2x4bbl
2011 Mercedes Wagon

Hayden P

Tim... I may need to send you my power seat motor for resto, as well as a few other switches.

Hayden

cadillactim

Tommy

I checked and I do have a rebuilt 4 way bucket seat transmission for your Eldorado.  Cost is $90 plus $10 shipping.  They are sold as an exchange, so you would simply return your old seat transmission after you install the rebuilt one.

I am going out of town this Tuesday and will not return until the 30th.  So if you want this transmission before I leave you will need to contact me by Monday morning so I can get it shipped out to you.

You can email me directly at tagroves@wctel.net or call me tomorrow at 864-352-3306.

Tim
Tim Groves

1966Eldorado

Tim,

I emailed you. I will be working in the North Georgia Mountains
On Monday. Let's be in touch before you leave town
Tommy Statham
CLC# 28310
1966 Eldorado
1955 Coupe 2x4bbl
2011 Mercedes Wagon

1966Eldorado

Tim,

I received the transmisson. I will keep you posted regarding the core.
Tommy
Tommy Statham
CLC# 28310
1966 Eldorado
1955 Coupe 2x4bbl
2011 Mercedes Wagon