News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Re: 68 FLEETWOOD SEAT FABRIC

Started by Mark Allen, September 14, 2013, 07:55:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Allen

Hi guys--I'm just a guest on the club site for the first time.  I think I've been bitten hard by the Cadillac bug--I've had a couple of them in years past but nothing to drive for some time.  I recently bought a 77 Coupe which I love, and I have a 68 Fleetwood Brougham on hold with a private seller.

I'm a little worried, though, regarding the seat fabric for the Fleetwood.  It's a lighter green brocade cloth, and the bench will need to be redone.  Can any of you advise me where I might find fabric like this?  I searched the correct year and model on the SMS Fabrics website but I can't tell that they have one that is correct.

Ralph Messina CLC 4937

Mark,

This may help

Ralph
1966 Fleetwood Brougham-with a new caretaker http://bit.ly/1GCn8I4
1966 Eldorado-with a new caretaker  http://bit.ly/1OrxLoY
2018 GMC Yukon

Mark Allen

Ralph, thanks a ton!  The fabric for this car must be the 040 Covert.  SMS does in fact carry this fabric !  Have you ever used SMS?  Or is there another source you like?  I was having a little trouble when I saw the car, since the paint is gold but the interior looks like a light green.  That seemed strange.  Perhaps there's some color change in the interior due to sun and what I'm seeing is actually more of a gold colored interior.  The swatches in your book are identical to the SMS web photos (which I was unsure of).  It looks as if my first mystery re this car is solved, and that gives me some reassurance as far as the purchase of it.  I'll try to figure out if the fabric code is included in the VIN.  Thanks again !

Big Fins

Mark, it should be on the data plate on the cowl, drivers side, next to the windshield wiper mechanism. It'll be listed as the 'Trim #', as best I know. In '68 they may have another name for it.
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

n2caddies

SMS is an excellent source for vintage fabrics. I have found them to be very professional and reliable from my experiences on several projects with them.
Randy
Randy George CLC# 26143
1959 Series 62 Convertible
1960 Series 62 Convertible
1964 Deville Convertible
2015 SRX