News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1957 365Ci

Started by Coupe Deville, September 17, 2013, 12:37:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coupe Deville

Hello I have just aquired a 1957 Cadillac sedan. I am not familiarly with the 365. I was wondering were the engine numbers are on a 365ci. Also I can't find the dipstick for the engine oil? I know it sounds stupid but I couldn't find it. I am really not familiar with the 365ci. Any input would be great.

Thanks

-Gavin
-Gavin Myers CLC Member #27431
"The 59' Cadillac says more about America than a whole trunk full of history books, It was the American Dream"

Walter Youshock

Engine number is on the right cylinder block at the front.  Look down under the fuel pump and you'll see a smooth machined surface.  Under all the years of gunk, you'll find a number starting 5762xxxxxx.  The number is also on the top of the right frame rail about in line from the exhaust manifold at cylinder 2.

Oil dipstick should be on the right side of the engine near the choke tube.
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham