News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1957 Turn signal lever

Started by Coupe Deville, September 17, 2013, 11:42:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coupe Deville

On my 1957 Sedan, the turn signal lever has no action. It always falls to the left bottom position and it feels like what ever keeps the lever dead center or off position has broken. Do I need to pull the steering wheel for this? And if so how?

-Gavin
-Gavin Myers CLC Member #27431
"The 59' Cadillac says more about America than a whole trunk full of history books, It was the American Dream"

Renato

Hello Gary,

It's not a big challenge. First of all sorry my English is not perfect.

So the turn signal "core" located in the steering wheel. You do not need to dissemble it for checking. If you will see the back of the steering where you wheel find 2 screw between the plastic and the horn ring. It's under the horn ring stainless. Little bit similar then than the modern air steering wheel airbags screw.

One important thing. A strong spring located under the horn ring. Be safer at the end it can hit you.  When it comes off you will see the 2 stud point of the signal leveler.

If it's not clear I can show you pictures.

Good work!
R. Bognar

Coupe Deville

-Gavin Myers CLC Member #27431
"The 59' Cadillac says more about America than a whole trunk full of history books, It was the American Dream"

Renato

R. Bognar