News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1931 V 12 vacuum tank

Started by old car fan, September 19, 2013, 12:16:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

old car fan

Could someone provide picture of a vacuum tank .Trying to find out what tank it used.Thanks

Chris Cummings

Tim,

If you go to this site:

http://gmheritagecenter.com/gm-heritage-archive/vehicle-information-kits.html

and click on the 1931 Cadillac V-12 link, the resulting .pdf has a picture in the Preliminary Service Information brochure.  If you have a shop manual, it has more detailed images.

The 1931 V-12 vacuum tank was a single unit that was internally separated to provide for the two carburetors that fed the engine.  By contrast, the V-16 had two separate vacuum tanks, one for each carburetor.  Stewart-Warner manufactured the units.

I hope that helps.

Chris Cummings
CLC #20072

old car fan

Chris,for some reason,when I click on the licence agreement,my cursor gets a yellow star,will not let me access the website?Also,the tanks that I have seen,it appears to be a standard tank,split for the carbs @fuel sediment bowl at the bottom of tank?Original?I have not seen any very good pics.Thanks for the info,i will keep trying.

Johan Boltendal #158

old car fan