News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Pics from the Southbury CT car show

Started by RobertM, September 19, 2013, 09:16:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobertM

Great show last weekend in Southbury, CT.. they had 950 cars come! Cadillac was the featured marque, so i made sure to get plenty of pictures to share.

CR Patton - I'm sorry to report there were no Lasalles!  Sad but true.  There were Auburns, a Franklin, a couple Dodge Brothers and others from that era but no Lasalles.

Bob M
Bob Melms

1954 60 Special
1995 Sedan Deville
1999 Eldorado (RIP 2018)
Connecticut, USA

RobertM

More pics
Bob Melms

1954 60 Special
1995 Sedan Deville
1999 Eldorado (RIP 2018)
Connecticut, USA

RobertM

Even more..
Bob Melms

1954 60 Special
1995 Sedan Deville
1999 Eldorado (RIP 2018)
Connecticut, USA

RobertM

And a couple more.  Funny thing is, I didn't get a picture of my '54 FW.  It is a nice original driver but pales in comparison to the beautiful restorations that came to this show.
Bob
Bob Melms

1954 60 Special
1995 Sedan Deville
1999 Eldorado (RIP 2018)
Connecticut, USA

Barry

What a lovely show and beautiful cars ! I am SO envious of the calibre of shows some areas ( other than mine ) have ! I have red , modified mustangs, camaros, and street rods to deal with. I mostly stay home, since the last time I showed my 22k mile Bicentennial, the comment was made it would look good if lowered and had 22's on it and headers ! NOT JOKING !!!!! B.Norman
Barry Norman
1958 Biarritz
1961Biarritz
1976 Bicentennial
1976 Fleetwood Talisman
1961Continental Convertible

Davidinhartford

Oooooo!  I see a 67-70 Eldorado in front of the red 60 convertible! 

Any photos of that?   :D

RobertM

I know the one you are talking about.  It was a beautiful '67 Eldo.  I took a good look at it, because that's my birth year and I plan on getting one some day. I thought I had taken a pic of it, but sadly no. 
Bob Melms

1954 60 Special
1995 Sedan Deville
1999 Eldorado (RIP 2018)
Connecticut, USA

Glen

Are you sure it is a 67?  I see a square rearview mirror 67 had a round rearview mirror (looking through the back window and driver’s window).  No back up light in the gas cap door so that makes it a 67 â€" 68. 
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

Davidinhartford

I zoomed in on the photo too.  Gotta agree with Glen that it looks like a square mirror.   But I suppose a 67 owner could have added that later.  We sure know many people added the 68 front turn lamps on them too.

great photos by the way.

C.R. Patton II

Hello Bob

Thank you for posting the great picture angles from the fabulous show!

Good to see the Mary Kay 58 and 59 Cadillacs. The 49 Fastback had a nice slippery slope. That 37 with the sidemounts is gorgeous!
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

Davidinhartford

Quote from: Glen on September 20, 2013, 01:03:49 AM
Are you sure it is a 67?  I see a square rearview mirror 67 had a round rearview mirror (looking through the back window and driver’s window).  No back up light in the gas cap door so that makes it a 67 â€" 68.

A friend of mine who also went took these photos.  Confirms it is a 67.  The mirror is round.  Our eyes must have fooled us.  LOL

RobertM

I dont know about the mirrors.  Learned something new from you guys :) I do know his license plate said 67 Eldo lol
Bob Melms

1954 60 Special
1995 Sedan Deville
1999 Eldorado (RIP 2018)
Connecticut, USA

Glen

Yep, that is a 67.  It has the Toronado exhaust system. 
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

Thule

nice show. i would like to go to a car show on the US size scale. we are only 320.000 over here
Ivar Markusson.  icelandic cadillac club (part of CLC)
73 Eldorado coupe.