News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Engine rebuilder in Ontario

Started by joeceretti, September 20, 2013, 05:08:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joeceretti

I live near Toronto, Ontario. I intend to have my engine rebuilt this winter. Just wondering if anyone has used an engine rebuilder who has experience with the 346 flathead, in my area. I don't particularly want to have to teach an engine rebuilder about the authenticity requirements.

Rod Dahlgren #19496

When you consider the total cost of a quality rebuild, shipping is a small price to pay. I just built a 346 for a customer in Europe. That engine was FLOWN over and the car was back in service and the customer happy with the power and smooth running.

If you read Walt Brewer's articles on rebuilding these engines, you will see that there are a few areas that small-block Chevy builders will just not understand.. If it is a 36 engine, there are a few special areas of concern that set it apart from the 37 to 48 engines. Bob H, I am sure you agree.
Did You Drive Your Cadillac Today?