News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1953 to 1962 Eldorado Owners, CLC Chapter

Started by Hyfire, October 28, 2013, 02:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C.R. Patton II

Hello Jason

I appreciate the diplomacy and eloquence of your response.

As always your optimistic propulsive and visionary outlook should be contagious among our membership. Inclusion brings forth progress and growth.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

Rod Dahlgren #19496

Jason has done a marvelous job of forming the 63/64 chapter. My hat is off to him. But again, I must say, that since I own a wide range of Cadillacs and at times seek information and/or advice from owners of certain year models, I just cant take hours to search so MANY forums to see who may have some helpful information.
Right now today I am working on these Cadillacs: 1929 - 1941 - 1948 - 1955 - 1958 - 1964 - 1966 - 1976. AND I admit, I have some modified project pieces I am helping with for a 1958 and 1960 --- I just don't have the time to go searching at the modified forums, or others. OK, SURE there are owners that like certain years--- and NO more than THAT-- Ok-- so be it.. If they get lost out there in the internet world, I am not sure I can ever find all or any of them when I need or am able to give help...

OH-- maybe they can do just fine without my help... oops--- just stubbed my toe..
Did You Drive Your Cadillac Today?

66 Eldo

What exactly is an "early" Eldorado? There were 14 model years (53-66) of the Cadillac Eldorado before the FWD platform in '67.

If you split it in the middle, the cut-off should be '59 early vs. late. Yes, I am one of the people with a "late" 'Eldorado  ('66) and I have to disagree that '63-66 Eldorado owners have more support than the owners of an earlier model. Our interiors, wood accents and side stainless trim pieces are extremely hard to find. Requests for these parts on the CLC forum often turn up nothing.

I respectfully request for your group to reconsider and add '63-'66 Eldorados to your forum and CLC Chapter. 

Tony Love

I posted several items on the CLC forum in relation to a 53 Eldorado, the response I got was miserable to say the least.
On the other hand the Eldorado forum has been the complete opposite! Its brilliant! Lots of positive feed back and assitance from like minded people who have a genuine interest in the cars, not just an opporunity to air their opinions (like I am now?)

So I say anything that contributes to the passion and interest of the Cadillac Eldorado is a positive thing!

Regards

Tony

R Schroeder

Ditto Art, but my wife has many projects for me to catch up on.....................ha

Roy

Hyfire

Hello guys,

OK... I only have two things to say.

1.)  Art, you are awesome.  If I could come over and enjoy a slice of Apple pie with you I would in a heart beat.

2.)  Some of you guys are seeing this all wrong.  It's not about excluding the later years.   It's about focusing on a specific group of years.  There has to be a cut off , and I fully understand that some guys don't like the cut off.  I expect that... but this cut off keeps our forum relevant and focused for the majority of users.

I HAVE A SOLUTION.  I think you vocal guys are all bark and no bite.  I bet if we had a site for your cars you wouldn't even support the site by posting and participating.    I will pay all the bills, do all the work and give you guys a fully functional clean site.  I will do all the administrative work and dedicate myself to it.  We will start off with a focus of every Post 1960 Eldorado.   

I will set the new forum up on a new dedicated server, have it 100% quality in every way and give you guys great benefits.  We will see how membership and more importantly ACTIVITY looks in a couple months.  If we get activity I will amend my application for the Chapter and include all years.

You guys up for the challenge?  Or are you just going to complain that someone else is being proactive.  Like I said.  I'll give it 100% if you want to give it a go.
J. M. Ackerman

Hyfire

Quote from: Tony Love on November 12, 2013, 07:33:12 AM
I posted several items on the CLC forum in relation to a 53 Eldorado, the response I got was miserable to say the least.
On the other hand the Eldorado forum has been the complete opposite! Its brilliant! Lots of positive feed back and assitance from like minded people who have a genuine interest in the cars, not just an opporunity to air their opinions (like I am now?)

So I say anything that contributes to the passion and interest of the Cadillac Eldorado is a positive thing!

Regards

Tony

Thank you Tony.  I appreciate the support!
J. M. Ackerman

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Just be careful when my friend above hands you a shot glass of the Baldwin sisters' "recipe".  >:D

(I think it doubles as lighter fluid)
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Hyfire

It's a plan.  We'll get to work on it.
J. M. Ackerman

66 Eldo

Quote from: Hyfire on November 12, 2013, 11:56:50 AM
  Hello guys,

OK... I only have two things to say.

1.)  Art, you are awesome.  If I could come over and enjoy a slice of Apple pie with you I would in a heart beat.

2.)  Some of you guys are seeing this all wrong.  It's not about excluding the later years.   It's about focusing on a specific group of years.  There has to be a cut off , and I fully understand that some guys don't like the cut off.  I expect that... but this cut off keeps our forum relevant and focused for the majority of users.

I HAVE A SOLUTION.  I think you vocal guys are all bark and no bite.  I bet if we had a site for your cars you wouldn't even support the site by posting and participating.    I will pay all the bills, do all the work and give you guys a fully functional clean site.  I will do all the administrative work and dedicate myself to it.  We will start off with a focus of every Post 1960 Eldorado.   

I will set the new forum up on a new dedicated server, have it 100% quality in every way and give you guys great benefits.  We will see how membership and more importantly ACTIVITY looks in a couple months.  If we get activity I will amend my application for the Chapter and include all years.

You guys up for the challenge?  Or are you just going to complain that someone else is being proactive.  Like I said.  I'll give it 100% if you want to give it a go.

I would certainly participate in the site. Thank you for your offer and hard work to put this together.

wrefakis

hi guys still need 59 Eldo Biarritz info for roster,425 or so survive 50 or so still hiding and bucket seat cars were around 38% of production,not 99 cars more like 500-510

INTMD8

Quote from: Quentin Hall on November 11, 2013, 12:22:33 AM
I don't believe that the Eldo forum is a conspiracy to pry barn find 57 Broughams from the butter soft palms of ignorant grandchildren. . .

It's not? Unsubscribing.

;)