News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1940's Cadillac center hood support question?

Started by gary griffin, September 26, 2013, 04:53:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gary griffin

The hood for my 1942  6719 has a roller assembly on the rear of the hood that I suppose stabilizes the hood. There is a little bracket on the cowl just to the left of center and some holes in the hood to mount the little roller assembly and we must be missing something because we can not figure how to get this  part together and working. A good picture of this device would certainly be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Gary Griffin
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver

Virgil Perkins

Gary,

I took a couple shots of my 1941, don't know if the '42 is same but it should give you some idea of how it is mounted.

HTH
Virgil
Virgil Perkins

Virgil Perkins

Unable to attach the other photos, if you want them, email me direct, will send what all I have.
VP
Virgil Perkins

James Gray

Gary,

As soon as my wife gets home with the camera, I will take a few pictures of my 42 and email them to you.
Maj. James F Gray Ret.
Kristie Koepplin RN BSN

Member # 28494
1942 Cadillac Series 6269

gary griffin

Thanks to both Virgil and James for the above and beyond time you both took making the pictures and e-mailing them to me.  So far it looks like there were at least slightly  two different units (Or different camera angles?) My printer is down so I will r-mail the pictures to my daughter in law and she will print them and Monday I will go to the paint shop and try to figure out haw to get it back together.  It is even possible that I have parts for two different models coming from my original car and my parts car.

This kind of support is only one of the reasons to belong to this club and the many suggestions I received in my restoration blog for this car was terrific.  Thanks to all of you who supported and responded to my blogs.
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver