News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Cadillacs at the 2013 Hemmings Concours d'Elegance

Started by RobertM, September 30, 2013, 08:18:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobertM

Nice showing by the Cadillacs at the Hemmings Concours in Saratoga Springs, NY.  I thought I'd share some pics with you.  Cell phone pics, but they came out really nice.  Enjoy!

These first few are from the "Preservation" class.  Timeless beauties in their original splendor.  Gorgeous!
Bob Melms

1954 60 Special
1995 Sedan Deville
1999 Eldorado (RIP 2018)
Connecticut, USA

RobertM

A couple from the "Class of '58" Class.
Bob Melms

1954 60 Special
1995 Sedan Deville
1999 Eldorado (RIP 2018)
Connecticut, USA

RobertM

A couple in the "American Classics" class.  The '56 Biarritz is unbelievable.  The '60 CDV was a phenomenal restoration and was for sale.  Way out of my price range :)  This is the third time I've seen the '60 Eldorado this year and it always stops me in my tracks.  Thanks to Frank Nicodemus for this restoration.
Bob Melms

1954 60 Special
1995 Sedan Deville
1999 Eldorado (RIP 2018)
Connecticut, USA

RobertM

And of course the true Classics.  Wow.
Bob Melms

1954 60 Special
1995 Sedan Deville
1999 Eldorado (RIP 2018)
Connecticut, USA

Davidinhartford

Thanks for sharing those Bob!

Excellent quality for cell phone photos!

RobertM

It was a beautiful day for the show and I got to meet some people I have met here. 
Dave, are you a member of the New England region?

Bob M
Bob Melms

1954 60 Special
1995 Sedan Deville
1999 Eldorado (RIP 2018)
Connecticut, USA

Davidinhartford

Quote from: RobertM on October 01, 2013, 10:13:53 PM
It was a beautiful day for the show and I got to meet some people I have met here. 
Dave, are you a member of the New England region?

Bob M

Hi Bob,

No not currently.  I used to many years ago.   I work weekends now (not by choice) and can't attend many car shows around New England at the moment.    I am hopeful to be able to bid for a shift next year and get at least Sundays off so I can resume regular car show attendance.    So at that point I'll rejoin. 

Another issue then was that all the club events were out of state for me.    And during the summer car show season there are also local events that conflicted.   So it became a choice of drive two plus hours to a club event or one town away for one.

Steve Lachowetz (No. 25332)

Hi Bob,

Great photos!  I was at the show for the first time, very impressed.  Sorry I missed you at the car, I have the '58 Extended Deck that was in the Class of 1958.  My wife and I spent the weekend there, and can't wait to do it again.  I took about 85 photos there, if you are interested you can find them at https://plus.google.com/photos/101400864827094739972/albums/5929968442211534513?banner=pwa

@David, the New England Region is a great group, but like you, being outside of Springfield, it is a real challenge with most of the events being 2 hours away.  We do attend a couple but it is difficult.

Steve

My58Caddy.com

Steve Lachowetz (25332)

RobertM

Hi Steve,
I remember saying hi to you and your wife.  Thanks for bringing the '58, it was a gorgeous car.  What exactly makes it an "extended deck"?  Is that an option or is it custom?

I've only recently elevated to the Cadillac world and I have to say I am here to stay.  I'm in Connecticut (near New Haven) and joined both the New England and Lower Hudson Valley regions.  I have also noticed that there are not many Connecticut events, and I don't really want to drive my '54 a couple hours at a pop for a cruise night.  There are alot of Connecticut cars, so maybe a new region could be a possibility someday (after I retire, lol)

Bob Melms
Bob Melms

1954 60 Special
1995 Sedan Deville
1999 Eldorado (RIP 2018)
Connecticut, USA

Bob,

No it is not a custom, it was a new model introduction in '58 that did not continue into '59.  The trunk was stretched 8.5 inches.  I can only guess as to why they did it, what did they think that maybe the cars were not big enough already ;D

Steve
My58Caddy.com

Steve Lachowetz (25332)

59-in-pieces

Bob - Steve
Your photos are amazing and should remind us all just how many great classics there still are out there and how well they are being cared for.
Steve,
Your web site is quite a labor of love and so well done.
Your "Gray Lady" is a marvel.
Have Fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

Thanks Steve,

The blog started because this was my first restoration and I thought I might get some assistance from the readers.  We did, and now on average it gets hit with more than 250 unique IP's and 600 page views daily from around the world!  With the restoration about complete now it is more about our travels and events with the car, with such a huge following I feel an obligation to keep it going and will continue to do so as long as it generates enough traffic to warrant the time.  Glad you enjoy it and thanks for the compliment!

Steve
My58Caddy.com

Steve Lachowetz (25332)

Joe Manna

Thanks for sharing the photos.The 56 Biarritz belongs to a good friend of mine.The owner restored the car himself in his home garage.
1951 Chevrolet Bel-Air-50's Style Custom
1963 Cadillac 4 Window Sedan deVille
1991 Cadillac DW69 Brougham,All original and used daily
2015 Cadillac SRX

RobertM

Hey Steve.
I finally got around to looking at my October Hemmings magazine and, lo and behold,  there you are with your wife and your beautiful '58.  Congrats on the award  8)
Bob
Bob Melms

1954 60 Special
1995 Sedan Deville
1999 Eldorado (RIP 2018)
Connecticut, USA