News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

57' Rochester Carb Linkage

Started by Coupe Deville, October 03, 2013, 12:17:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coupe Deville

I have a question about my Rochester carb. I just finished rebuilding it and I need some help on we're this arm on the linkage goes. The first picture is of the overall linkage, the second picture is of the tab/arm I don't know what position it goes in. I know where the rod goes of that though. And help would be apriciated on this. I have one more question about the choke housing. On The back of the housing it seems like there should be a cover on the back of the bore for the small piston. I will put some pictures.

Thanks

-Gavin Myers
-Gavin Myers CLC Member #27431
"The 59' Cadillac says more about America than a whole trunk full of history books, It was the American Dream"

Coupe Deville

Choke Housing
-Gavin Myers CLC Member #27431
"The 59' Cadillac says more about America than a whole trunk full of history books, It was the American Dream"

J. Gomez

Gavin,

Hope these will help..!

There should be a cover on the choke that is the vacuum chamber, see choke picture w/arrow.
J. Gomez
CLC #23082

Jon S

It goes in the hole to the right of your accelerator pump linkage and controls the choke plate.
Jon

1958 Cadillac Sedan De Ville
1973 Lincoln Continental Coupe
1981 Corvette
2004 Mustang GT