News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

How to paint 1958 Treadle Vac brake booster and master cylinder?

Started by www.eldorado-seville.com, October 03, 2013, 03:43:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

www.eldorado-seville.com

I'm in the process of rebuilding the Bendix master cylinder and booster of my 58 Seville.
During the rebuild my once great looking unit suffered a lot due to the brake fluid that damaged some of the paint.

I decided to wire brush all the paint off and repaint it again to make everything look as perfect as it did before.

Can anybody confirm how it should be painted?

- Booster satin gloss black or glossy black? I think it should be satin gloss?
- Master cylinder cast metal grey? ( I think it was left natural from the factory but I would paint it in a grey that comes very close)
- Master cylinder reservoir cover (screwed in with 4 screws) - bare metal grey or black? (had it black before, but I'm not sure if it is correct?)
- Master cylinder cover plug - cast metal grey - polished?

Thanks for your feedback! I want to make it 100% correct again. I have removed all the paint today and I'm waiting for some Eastwood paints to arrive. Everything is in bare metal and cleaned now and disassembled. I have rebuilt all internal parts and would like it to look new on the outside as well.
Here is a picture of how I had it painted before - I think I had it correct last time? Just not sure if the reservoir cover was correct in black...

all the best,
Gerald
Gerald Loidl
1958 Cadillac Eldorado Seville
1966 Cadillac Coupe deVille
1967 Cadillac DeVille
1967 Cadillac Fleetwood Eldorado
1974 Cadillac Coupe deVille
1978 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz
http://www.eldorado-seville.com
http://www.cadillac-bigmeet.com