News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Were to buy Exhaust pipes

Started by hjlint, October 03, 2013, 09:28:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hjlint

Need the pipe between the resonator and muffler. Had one made here in Pa. Poor fit.
Any one know of a company that still makes exhaust parts for a 1978 Seville?
H Lint
Hedley Lint

R Schroeder

I went to NAPA for a complete exhaust system. Check with them .
Roy

TJ Hopland

I think Napa's exhaust is from Walker.  I did a quick online search at a few of my favorite places and it appears that the pipe he is looking for has been discontinued.  I found places that had the intermediate pipe and one place that had a tail pipe w/o resonator.   I suspect this may be because there were similar cars that used the same pipes but only the Seville used the resonator.    I did find a catalog that showed a part number but did not get any hits running just the part number.   Guessing this is a rare enough and old enough car that your only hope may be from a classic Cadillac vendor.       
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Greg Powers

Contact Kepich Exhaust in North Carolina. Member of CLC. (336)492-5629. They should be able to help with whatever you need.
G.L. Powers>1954 Series 62 Sedan/1958 Fleetwood 60 Special-sold/1963 Series 62 Convertible-sold/1970 Fleetwood Brougham-sold/1994 Fleetwood Brougham/1971 Sedan Deville-sold/2000 Deville-sold/2001 DTS-sold/1976 Eldorado Convertible-sold/1983 Coupe Deville-sold/1990 Allante-sold/1990 and 1991 Brougham deElegance-sold/1992 Brougham-sold/Always looking!

hjlint

Quote from: Greg Powers on October 04, 2013, 03:10:24 PM
Contact Kepich Exhaust in North Carolina. Member of CLC. (336)492-5629. They should be able to help with whatever you need.
I'll check them out.Thank you.
H Lint
Hedley Lint

hjlint

Quote from: TJ Hopland on October 04, 2013, 07:41:32 AM
I think Napa's exhaust is from Walker.  I did a quick online search at a few of my favorite places and it appears that the pipe he is looking for has been discontinued.  I found places that had the intermediate pipe and one place that had a tail pipe w/o resonator.   I suspect this may be because there were similar cars that used the same pipes but only the Seville used the resonator.    I did find a catalog that showed a part number but did not get any hits running just the part number.   Guessing this is a rare enough and old enough car that your only hope may be from a classic Cadillac vendor.     
Thank you for your help.
Hedley
Hedley Lint

jaxops

I would try Waldron's Auto Exhaust http://waldronexhaust.com.  They sent me the right parts, and the car runs quieter.  I had bought some partson the internet, and the car sounded like "PT-109."
1970 Buick Electra Convertible
1956 Cadillac Series 75 Limousine
1949 Cadillac Series 75 Imperial Limousine
1979 Lincoln Continental
AACA, Cadillac-LaSalle Club #24591, ASWOA

MB49Caddy

"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right." - Abraham Lincoln