News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1931 355A Phaeton Fleetwood eng no. 806299

Started by tonyhart1, October 04, 2013, 11:56:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonyhart1

I'm not sure about the dash clock on my 355a.  How is it wound as I presume it's not electric.

Chris Cummings

It should have a winding/setting stem extending down from the clock body, so that the knob is visible below the edge of the instrument panel.  Pull out to set the hands - push in to wind.

Hope that helps.

Chris Cummings

tonyhart1

Hi Chris:
Thanks for your message.  I did try your suggestion pushing the knurled knob in, that didn't work  It pulls out to adjust the time OK.
It might be an issue with the clock stem itself.
Thanks
Tony Hart

Glen

Clocks and watches can be over wound and then do not run.  When I was about 6 years old my grandfather gave me his pocket watch because it did not run.  I opened it up and released the main spring, then wound it up again.  It ran well except I kept taking it apart to show everyone what I did to fix it.  I eventually broke it. 

My recommend taking it to someone that works on these old mechanical clocks.  They can do the job safely. 
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104