News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1933 33-12-262 / 4000622

Started by massimo, October 08, 2013, 03:08:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

massimo

hello i'm massimo from italy. i have a 1933 cadillac. the car need a total restoring. i read a nice and interesting article written by Matt Larson, and i have some info that i would like to know. on  i.d. plate we read: 
job n° 33-12-262  (1933- v12- 7 pass. sedan)             body n°98 ??? (what is this number?)
on right side of engine is stamped: 4000622
this is a particular interesting car? we can know something about her story? how much is  difficult to find spare parts?
now i need to know what i must to do: sell the car as it is or restoring it? so how much is the value for this car in great conditions?
please excuse me for all my questions. i hope you can help me. kind regards. massimo

Jeff Wilk

Sounds very interesting. Can you post a few pictures so we can see condition of exterior and interior and engine?
"Impossible Only Describes The Degree Of Difficulty" 

Southern New Jersey

1959 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special
1975 Eldorado Convertible (#12 made)
1933 Phaeton Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"
1933 Master Sedan Chevrolet - "Baby Cadillac"

SOLD
1976 Cadillac Mirage (factory authorized Pick-Up)
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sixty-Special
1958 Cadillac Sedan
1958 Cadillac Coupe Deville

massimo

hi jeff, thanks for your interesting. now i don't have pics on my pc, but on next days i make some pics and i post it. do you know something about this car?

Wayne Womble 12210

The body number is the number of that particular body made. In this case it is the 98Th. 33-12-262 sedan built.

Chris Cummings

Massimo,

The engine number (4000622) is the equivalent of the modern VIN number.  It was the car's serial number or identification number for registering it or obtaining license tags.  Your engine number would indicate that it was the 622nd V-12 engine (and theoretically, at least, the 622nd complete V-12 car) produced for 1933.  Carl Steig's research, as presented in the front of the CLC membership directory) indicates that the engine numbers ran as high as 4000953.

In the "general discussion" forum there is a thread entitled "1932 Cadillac V12 barn find" with extensive discussion of the value of a 1932 V-12 five-passenger sedan and the pros and cons of restoring it.  You might want to read those comments.

Hope that helps!

Chris Cummings

massimo

thanks a lot for your interesting. i immagined about ''98'', but now i'm sure. i am very grateful to all peaple.

if are someone that know the value about this car, i'm will be very happy to listen what he say. THANKS AGAIN. MASSIMO