News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

56 Eldo Biarritz electrical question.

Started by n2caddies, October 10, 2013, 02:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

n2caddies

Hi Everybody,
My friend Dave is working on a 56 Eldo and has the following question from his mechanic. This is beyond my expertise so I thought someone may have some ideas out there.
"I've had a 56 Eldo Biarritz in restoration for my uncle for what seems to be forever. The caddy is being done in Hawaii so that is an extra challenge. The shop called me to tell there was a 520 milli amp drain and wanted to know if this was an acceptable number. I have completely no idea and can't seem to find an answer.  I would really appreciate any help you can give. Even if it's just another source to go to."
Thanks,
Randy

Randy George CLC# 26143
1959 Series 62 Convertible
1960 Series 62 Convertible
1964 Deville Convertible
2015 SRX

J. Gomez

Randy,

The only possible sources that would drained the 1/2A would be a light or possible the clock.

If the clock is the electro-mechanical type then you will only see the spike one every minute or so. That is when the contacts make to energized the solenoid to rewind the mechanical piece.

If the clock is the piezoelectric conversion the drain would be constant.

The light could be the trunk light, just a possible source.

Other alternative to isolate the source is to disconnect the fuses one at a time to see if the reading goes out.

Hope this helps..!
J. Gomez
CLC #23082

Glen

Is the car on Oahu or one of the other islands?  I had no idea there was a 56 Eldo here.  It would be nice to see it and better to know of someone on the island that would take on a job like that without hot rodding it. 
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104