News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1950 interior floor question

Started by curly, October 12, 2013, 12:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

curly

I'm working on fixing rust issues with my 1950 Series 62 4 door.  The rear floor has some small rust holes that need fixing, but my question is about the piece of metal in the photo attached.  It seems to be a foot rest. it mounts under the rear of the front seat and is removeable.
It is heavily rusted and not easily saved.  Does anyone know of a source for this part? Anyone take it out and leave it out? There are 2 other pieces of metal under the one shown, they are in very good shape, hardly any rust at all.

Thanks
T Lewis

R Sotardi #11719

curly, I have a 1950, 6219 and I'm the second owner. My car never had a footrest, which frankly would obstruct the airflow from the under front seat heater. I restored the car and all the original carpet and material was used as  a  pattern. Now, I believe these could be ordered and certainly in the model 60, that were used for limos along with jump seats in model 75s. But if this riser is removed it will not affect judging, if that is what you mean, Ron